Animal Care Statement
Tannadice Farms has established a method of farming that is ethical, sustainable and healthful. Quite simply, it's how we feel farming should be done. We believe that animals should be cared for properly, and here are the principles we adhere to with that sentiment in mind:
- Shelter that is designed, maintained and operated to optimize the animals' comfort.
- Access to adequate water and high quality feed to meet nutritional requirements.
- Humane treatment of animals that enhances their well-being and quality of life.
- Identification and appropriate treatment of animals in need of health care.
- Timely use of humane methods to euthanize sick or injured animals not responding to care and treatment.
- In the rare event where antibiotics are used, antibiotic administration practices to be approved by licensed professional veterinarians.